At VELA Wealth we are purposeful planners, diversified thinkers, experienced executors, and vigilant protectors. We celebrate the individuality and uniqueness of every client and team member.
We work at the intersection of our clients’ business, life, and wealth – because we understand that these are not mutually exclusive. We’re an independent financial planning and wealth management firm located in North Vancouver, serving families and business owners across the province.
Our team enjoys a hybrid-remote work environment, with a strong culture of collaboration whether you’re in-office or at-home.
We are seeking a full-time Accountant who thrives in a fast-paced and high-energy environment. The successful candidate will be confident, organized and able to work with minimal supervision.
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Operations, the Accountant will be responsible for managing our financial reporting, bookkeeping, payroll, accounts payable and receivable and other key responsibilities that contribute to the success of the business. This role offers the opportunity to learn and grow in a dynamic work environment, and room for personal growth to potentially become our Controller, as we grow.
- Manage all aspects of the accounting function, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, ensuring accuracy (including reflecting and adjusting for accrual accounting) and timely reporting within 45 days of our month-end.
- Forecast and budgeting, including variance analysis.
- Develop and implement internal controls and procedures to ensure financial integrity and compliance.
- Coordinate and assist with year-end process.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and service providers.
- Provide financial analysis and support to management.
- Assist with special projects and ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- 2-5 years in a related position as a staff accountant at a company of similar size.
- Experience in the financial planning or wealth management industry is considered an asset but not a requirement.
- Enrolled in a professional accounting program or equivalent experience (CPA designation is strongly preferred).
- Comfortable with all aspects of bookkeeping with relevant experience in all tasks noted.
- Well organized and excellent attention to detail.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment, is self-driven, confident and able to work independently.
- Professionalism, efficiency and accuracy are essential.
- Proficiency and comfort with web-based technologies, Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively as required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: self-starter and proactive.
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing business conditions and priorities.
- Positive work environment
- Competitive benefits
- Ongoing training and development
- Salary Range: $80k – $100k (Dependent on Skills & Experience)
Please submit your resume to Joseph@velawealth.com.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in this position. While we appreciate every application, only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.