Reporting to: VELA Wealth Management Inc. Advisors and Leadership team
The position of Underwriting Coordination is an integral part of our team. Insurance is a core part of our business and as the underwriting coordinator, you are responsible for coordinating insurance applications with our clients and in charge of fulfilling the underwriting requirements set forth by our insurers. The day-to-day responsibilities would include interacting with clients for the purpose of completing insurance applications and ensuring our CRM systems are up to date with revenue tracking and opportunity progression. You will work closely with our advisors and learn the ins and outs of the entire insurance application process. This role seeks to elevate client experience by ensuring the timely submission of insurance applications, providing clear and transparent guidance to clients who are being underwritten, and to promptly settle any new insurance business. This is a diverse role requiring a background in client service, professional follow up, and clerical skills as we employ CRM software to track our applications and opportunities.
- Provide top-tier client service and develop rapport with existing and potential clients over the phone, in person, and/or online.
- Book meetings with clients, process new insurance applications and prepare key documents or information prior to meetings.
- Book medical examinations with our insurer’s health team on behalf of our clients.
- Review key changes and paperwork that must be submitted to insurers pertaining to new insurance applications.
- Keep the advisors up to date on new insurance business key changes.
Data Management and Entry
- Utilize our CRM software to keep client records up to date.
- Utilize our Kanbanize system to track the stage and progress of our insurance applications.
- Utilize our CRM software(s), including Equisoft, to track revenue from the multiple insurers that we work with.
- Work with Client Services Associate to input and enter data in our CRM.
Settling Insurance Business
- Promptly send out key settling documents to clients to ensure policies can be settled and placed inforce as soon as possible.
- Organize and distribute payment requirements and instructions. Follow up on with clients as needed.
- Stay on top of relevant incoming mail and couriers as well as send out couriers when necessary.
Client Insurance Requests
- Delegate client service tasks to the proper departments for handling.
- Process reoccurring opportunities such as term conversions and renewals.
- Ensure all policy changes are made in a timely manner (e.g. transfer of ownerships, reductions, beneficiary changes, address and name changes etc.)
- 3-5 years’ experience in client service support role or underwriting position within financial services or another professional organization and/or a combination of education and experience.
- Must have passed LLQP (“Life License Qualification Program”) and be able to obtain licensing.
- Positive and engaging personality with a can-do attitude.
- Life insurance licensed or in the process of obtaining.
- Develop skills and knowledge of financial services products, services, and processes.
- Attend professional development courses or training programs to maintain up-to-date knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Embrace and express the VELA Wealth values of putting the Clients First and working as a Team towards Results with Authenticity & Integrity.
- Bring a passion for service to the work, establish and manage trusting relationships with all business partners and clients, making sure clients feel valued and at the center of everything we do.
- Team-focused attitude with goal to help others and openly share information and ideas
- Self-starter with excellent time management and organization skills; ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining accuracy and a positive attitude.
- Reliable with a focus on quality, and a high-level of respect for confidentiality, standards, and compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must have strong listening skills and be able to articulate clearly to advisors, clients, and team.
- Professional attitude and demeanor including polished presentation, punctuality, and respect for others.
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel and Outlook. Must be able to navigate using a CRM, as well as other computer programs and systems relevant to day-to-day business at VELA Wealth Management.